Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Program Management Software

I am currently unemployed. We're attempting to undertake a fairly ambitious project. I've attempted to work on ambitious projects before. They've never went well.

In any case, here's the technology stack: ASP.NET MVC3, C#, MS SQL, NHibernate.

I found a website called S#arpArchitecture. It takes three technologies and builds up the information for you so that you can just easily get started with your application.

What's my problem with Sharp Arch right now? Two years ago I read a post about the need to separate controllers into a separate assembly. Without doing so it'd lead to code degradation and a higher probability of messing up.

Last month they put it back to restore IDE functionality and saying it's trivial to remove if that's your bag. Not much of a justification.

I went through the Orchard code and I'm not sure but I think they attempted to do authorization in a controller class. I'm sure they did it properly so that even if you add a Cache attribute that you won't get funny behaviour. My only issue is that there are Authorize attributes that facilitate everything you need.

I've also never use NHibernate before and I'm contemplating whether I should use EF4 or NHibernate. This is frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment